Benefits of Massage
The Benefits of Massage
Getting a massage may feel like pampering- that is true... and so are the proven therapeutic benefits of massage therapy. More and more studies are showing that receiving massage therapy is more effective than medications in the treatment of back pain, arthritis pain, the pain of fibromyalgia and other chronic conditions.
Massage has been shown to :
- Relieve back and neck pain;
- Increase joint flexibility and Improve range of motion;
- Enhance circulation;
- Reduce inflammation;
- Assist in cellular detoxification;
- Enhance immunity by stimulating the body's lymphatic system;
- Reduce muscle spasms and cramping;
- Speed healing of injured muscles;
- Decrease migraine headache frequency and severity;
- Relax stressed, overused muscles;
- Relieve shoulder tension and tension headaches;
- Decrease anxiety;
- Enhance sleep quality;
- and more!!
If you do a little research on the benefits of massage, you will see for yourself how beneficial massage therapy can be as a part of your self care/ wellness routine. If you have a specific condition and would like to know if & how massage therapy can play a role in your personal wellness and health care, please contact me for a free consultation.